Lab safety rules for students
- Report all accidents, injuries, and breakage of glass or equipment to instructor immediately.
- Keep pathways clear by placing schoolbags under the work tables. Make sure that these items cannot be stepped on.
- Wear lab coats and safety goggles if it is necessary to protect your eyes.
- Long hair must be tied back to avoid catching fire.
- Work quietly and with caution
- Do not taste or smell chemicals.
- Unauthorized experiments or procedures must notbe attempted.
- Leave your work station clean and in good order before leaving the laboratory.
- Do not lean, hang over or sit on the laboratory tables.
- Do not leave your assigned laboratory station without permission of the teacher.
- Learn the location of the fire extinguisher, first aid kit and all the safety equipment.
- Fooling around in the laboratory is absolutely forbidden. Students found in violation of this safety rule will be barred from participating in future labs and could result in suspension.
- Follow all instructions given by your teacher.
- No eating or drinking in the lab at any time!
III A OTTICI